Gert van Hoef issues video of concert on a Skrabl organ
The young Dutch organist Gert van Hoef, whose YouTube videos reach huge audiences, has issued a recording of a concert played on a Skrabl organ in the Netherlands.
In it he combines with the pianist Wouter Harbers in a duet arrangement of Shostakovich's Second Waltz, Op 99a.
The concert was given earlier this year in De Fontein – the Fountain church – built in 2010 in the city of Nijkerk, south east of Amsterdam.
It has received glowing reviews: 'What a brilliant interpretation of this well known piece' wrote John Skill.
'What a delightful duet! The balance between the two instruments was perfect,' wrote Kurt Sauer.
Tte two-manual, 22-stop Skrabl organ, built for the new church, was dedicated in November 2011.
- Skrabl to rebuild Brindley and Foster in Bakewell Parish Church
- 'Our Škrabl organ has been a wonderful resource'
- BBC to broadcast Choral Vespers from Our Lady of Victories
- Celebrations to mark 10th anniversary of Skrabl organ in St Michael's Church, Lyme Regis
- Olivier Latry to give concert on new Skrabl organ in Our Lady of Victories