Olivier Latry to give concert on new Skrabl organ in Our Lady of Victories
The inaugural concert on the new Skrabl organ in Our Lady of Victories, Kensington, London, will be given by Olivier Latry.
Latry, who was appointed titular organist of Notre Dame, Paris, aged 23, is regarded as one of the world's leading performers and improvisers.
He has been the guest of leading orchestras, recorded for major labels and premiered an impressive number of works.
His concert will take place at Our Lady of Victories, 235a Kensington High Street, W8 6SA, on Tuesday, June 23 at 7.30pm.
The organ, to be completed early in 2020, will be one of the most exciting new instruments in the UK.
With 52 stops over four manuals and pedals, it is inspired by the French Symphonic tradition, which found its culmination in the work of Aristide Cavaillé-Coll.
Tickets may obtained from eventbrite.
- 'Our Škrabl organ has been a wonderful resource'
- BBC to broadcast Choral Vespers from Our Lady of Victories
- Mass of Dedication for Skrabl organ in London
- Celebrations to mark 10th anniversary of Skrabl organ in St Michael's Church, Lyme Regis
- Olivier Latry to give concert on new Skrabl organ in Our Lady of Victories