Thrilling sounds as Skrabl organ in Kensington is blessed
The solemn consecration and blessing of the Skrabl organ in the Church of Our Lady of Victories, Kensington, took place during Mass on January 9.
The Parish Priest, Mgr Jim Curry, described the French-style symphonic instrument as 'a rare creature' in London.
In thanking the donors, sponsors and all involved in the project, he mentioned a boy who on his ninth birthday came forward to give his birthday money to sponsor a pipe.
Mass concluded with the thrilling sound of the Toccata on Nun Danket alle Gott by Egil Hovland, played by the Director of Music, Tim Macklin, whose diligence in guiding the project was warmly praised.
The inaugural concert on the Grand Organ organ will be given by Olivier Latry on Thursday, January 20, at 7.30pm
- Fine singing and organ playing in BBC broadcast of Choral Vespers
- Stunning organ concert by Timothy Macklin and David Bednall
- Wayne Marshall to give a concert this week on the new organ of Our Lady of Victories
- Recording of Olivier Latry playing the new Skrabl organ in London
- 'A sound one could listen to for ever and a day'