Fine singing and organ playing in BBC broadcast of Choral Vespers
Singing and organ playing of exceptional quality is to be heard in a BBC broadcast of Choral Vespers from the Church of Our Lady of Victories, Kensington, London.
The service, in the long-established Choral Evensong slot on Radio 3, was for the Wednesday in the Octave of Pentecost.
Monsignor James Curry was the celebrant, Tim Macklin directed the choir and the Skrabl Grand Organ was played by Olivier Latry with Benjamin Bloor on the choir organ.
Prelude: Improvisation on Veni Creator Spiritus (Olivier Latry)
Invitatory: Deus in adjutorium meum intende (Gastoldi)
Hymn: Veni Creator Spiritus (Plainsong)
Psalms 109, 113 (Plainsong)
Canticle: Apocalypse 19 vv.1-2, 5-7 (Plainsong)
Short Reading: Ephesians 4 vv.3-6
Short Responsory: Spiritus Domini replevit orbem terrarium (Plainsong) Magnificat Primi Toni a 6 (Bevan)
Lord’s Prayer (Rimsky-Korsakov)
Motet: Loquebantur variis linguis (Tallis)
Marian Antiphon: Regina caeli laetare (Plainsong)
Voluntary: Improvisation on Regina caeli (Olivier Latry)
- Fine singing and organ playing in BBC broadcast of Choral Vespers
- Stunning organ concert by Timothy Macklin and David Bednall
- Wayne Marshall to give a concert this week on the new organ of Our Lady of Victories
- Recording of Olivier Latry playing the new Skrabl organ in London
- 'A sound one could listen to for ever and a day'